Today is officially the start of September, and we can’t believe how fast time has been flying. For many of us, we might be getting a little stir-crazy, being stuck indoors, and adhering to social distancing protocols. Fortunately, Labor Day is right around the corner, which is the perfect excuse to get out, turn up the music, and go for a Labor Day Drive in Sacramento.
It is easy to find an adventure in Sacramento -- all you have to do is hop in your car, hit the road, and you are ready to go. For a fun and safe Labor Day exploring all that Sacramento has to offer, check out these picturesque Labor Day drives:
- Apple Hill off Highway 50: On Highway 50, while traveling east toward Placerville, you will notice that traffic begins to disperse, and the road starts to steepen. You can take Main St. through Placerville and peruse through this gold rush town. Main St. will take you to Broadway. Once you find Schnell School Road, you can follow it to Carson Road and then turn right. While going east, you find yourself surrounded by apple orchards -- a sign you made it to Apple Hill. Take a break from the busy city life while driving along these quiet country roads.
- The Crystal Basic Recreation Area Ice House Road: This road will take you right to the mountains, including through outcroppings of smaller trees from the Cleaveland Corral Fire. Keep following this road toward Loon Lake, and you will see some magnificent varieties of conifers.
- Highway 49: If you are a California History buff, we encourage you to travel along Highway 49. Head north on this highway out of Nevada City, and you will get to see the landscape transition into beautiful mountain scenery.
- California E-16: This drive is a triple threat -- it has foothills, cornfields, and wine country. You can head south through Amador City, Sutter Creek, and Jackson. The rolling hills are breathtaking, and the farther south you get, the roads will be decorated with vineyards.
- Highway 50 to Lake Tahoe: The drive on Highway 50 to Lake Tahoe leads you through the American River Canyon, where you will be able to see several different types of trees scattered along the roadside.
Before you embark on your Labor Day drive, we encourage you to visit the team at the Auto Experts for an inspection. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today and make sure to use one of our specials. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street Sacramento, CA 95816. See you soon!