New Year’s Resolutions for Being a Safer Driver
We couldn’t be more excited to see what 2021 has to hold! We are so grateful for the continued support from Sacramento drivers throughout the last months, and we look forward to seeing each and every one of you in the upcoming year for service. Together, we can keep your vehicle performing in pristine condition throughout the New Year.
We would like to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year! A New Year means time for new goals, also known as resolutions. If you are struggling to think of some resolutions for 2021, the team at The Auto Experts is here to help! We have compiled a list of resolutions for you to help you become a better and safer driver.
- Put on that seat belt. Buckling up seems like a no-brainer, but among vehicle passengers and drivers killed in a traffic crash, 47% were not wearing a seat belt. It is one of the safest measures you can take when stepping into your vehicle for a drive.
- Say no to distracted driving. Over 90% of traffic crashes involve driver error, including texting, eating, or even putting on makeup while driving. We recommend devoting your full attention to the road at all times.
- Be mindful of how you feel before you decide to drive. If you feel different, including tired or under the weather, you will drive differently. We are also prone to celebrating during the holiday season, even after New Year’s. Try planning ahead; if you know what, you won’t be driving in your normal state.
- Step on the brakes, and slow down. 26% of fatal crashes involved speeding. These accidents could have easily been prevented by slowing down. When it comes to driving, slow and steady wins the race!
- Share the road with others, especially in urban areas of Sacramento. The road isn’t just for cars -- it is for cyclists, pedestrians, skateboarders, and so on. Since 2009, pedestrian fatalities have increased by 69%, which means we all need to breathe and remember to share the road.
- Stay up-to-date with upkeep. Your vehicle requires preventative maintenance performed at regular intervals for optimal performance. Optimal performance also translates to a safer car.
Let’s start 2021 off on the right foot with preventative maintenance performed by our qualified technicians. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today and make sure to use one of our specials. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street Sacramento, CA 95816. See you soon!