Owning a car is simply a necessity -- imagine your life without your trusty sidekick. You would your stress levels rising. To keep our vehicles going, and essentially our days, gasoline is a must. Yet, our gasoline consumption can affect our planet and our wallets, which is why we need to maximize our fuel efficiency.
The team at The Auto Experts proposes putting “fuel efficiency” at the top of your New Year Resolution list. Here are some easy and simple ways to accomplish this goal:
- Take it easy on the pedal.
- Stick to your vehicle’s recommended fuel level.
- Monitor how much stuff you are putting in your vehicle, as the heavier your vehicle is, the more gas it consumes.
- Make sure your tires are at the correct pressure.
- Tighten your gas cap all the way.
- Idling is a big no. You burn more gas idling than actually driving.
- Don’t forget to have your air filter replaced.
- Plan all your errands into one trip.
- Use your car’s cruise control as much as possible.
- Try to minimize how much you use your A/C and heating unit.
Last but not least, an inspection completed by the technicians at the Auto Experts will ensure each component of your vehicle is performing efficiently. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street Sacramento, CA 95816. See you soon!