How to Handle Holiday Traffic
We can’t believe how quickly the year is going by! Soon enough, the holidays will be here, and we will be racing to the grocery store for last-minute items, planning trips to Grandmother’s house, and dashing over to the Christmas tree farm to pick up the perfect tree. The holidays are meant to be a relaxing and peaceful time -- the team at the Auto Experts doesn’t want you to worry about traffic during this time of the year.
We have compiled a few tips and tricks to help you handle holiday traffic:
- Holidays might be a little different this year in the wake of COVID-19, but if you are still planning on driving and visiting your family, we recommend planning and leaving early. Most likely, the roads will be congested, and the weather won’t be the best. You can download a navigation app and plan your route ahead of time.
- Make sure to eliminate all distractions. If you are stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic, it might be tempting to go on your phone, but distracted driving is the leading cause of rear-end collisions.
- Keep a 3-second space between you and the other driver in front of you at all times. This way, you can have some breathing room between you and the other driver in case of sudden stops.
- Check the weather conditions before you go and be prepared to reduce your speed.
- Slow and steady wins the race! It may be tempting to try and race to your destination, but patience is vital. Even though it is tempting to step on the gas, we must remember to take it slow. Your loved ones will be there waiting!
- Drive proactively! We recommend keeping a close eye on the road and “expect the unexpected.” If you are anticipating other driver’s movements, you are one step ahead.
The team at The Auto Experts doesn’t want you to deal with any surprises on your holiday trip. One of the best ways to handle holiday traffic is to make sure your vehicle performs in tip-top shape. Schedule an appointment with The Auto Experts today and make sure to use one of our specials. Proudly serving downtown Sacramento, Midtown, and East Sacramento, you can find us at 505 30th Street Sacramento, CA 95816. See you soon!